On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 11:27 AM, Csikos Bela <bcsikos...@freemail.hu>wrote:

> stefano franchi <stefano.fran...@gmail.com> írta:

> number in
> edited in
> >>l>yx?
>
> >>If is not edited in LyX there is no way LyX can count the words, so I use
> >>Okular to do this kind of things once the document is ready.
>
> >Alex,I never knew Okular could do document statistics. Is it a plugin/
> >extension/whatever? My version of okular does not seem to have any
> >facility of the kind. I use pdftotxt | wc -w when I need to obtain final
> >figures. I&#39;d be glad to skip a step or two and use okular directly.
>
> Thanks.
>
> bcsikos

Any decent text editor will count up words for you, as will Open
Office/Libre Office. I usually use TextWrangler.app (Mac OS, freeware).
Take your PDF, copy and paste the contents into a text file, and you'll
have an estimate. All estimates of word counts are imprecise because of
variable definitions of what a  "word" is.

Maria