On 07/05/2013 08:04 AM, Steve Litt wrote:
Hi all,

I'm about half way through a program to convert the output of LyX's
HTML (not XHTML)

I assume you are talking about export to HTML format. Just FYI, that
is not part of LyX. LyX uses various external programs, such as tex4ht
and eLyXer, to do that export. Neither of these is connected to LyX or
part of LyX, any more than LaTeX is.

export to a form will work right as an ePub, as well
as collecting table of contents info to make it easy to create your
toc.ncx. I've written it in Python because I understand that's the
project's favorite non-C++ language. Once I'm done with this, I'll do
the same thing with the LyX's XHTML export.

For what it's worth, my own view is that this is the wrong approach.
What exactly LyX exports when it exports XHTML can change, and does
change, as it is improved, and I would suppose the same is true of other
tools. The right approach would be to improve the XHTML export itself
(which is part of LyX). But of course you can do as you wish.

Obviously I need to put a license on it. I never use GPL3 or that one
license that includes an indemnification, but I'm pretty open to all
other licenses, including GPL2 without the clause "or later".

Since your project is presumably not part of LyX, it doesn't really matter
to us what license you use.

Richard