Richard Heck <rgheck <at> lyx.org> writes:

> Try this: Copy the theorems-named.module file to your local LyX
> directory. On Linux, the original file would be at
> /usr/share/lyx/layouts/, and you would copy it to ~/.lyx/layouts/. On
> other systems, you can find the relevant directories by looking at Help>
> About LyX. Once you have done that, open the local copy and change the
> Requires line to read:
>
> #Requires: theorems-ams | theorems-starred | theorems-byname

I think you meant theorems-ams-bytype for the last one. That works, but it
still leaves "Theorems (By Type)" and "Theorems" incompatible with "Named
Theorems".

It turns out that the only thing Named Theorems needs as a prerequisite is
the Theorem* style, which it copies. So I tried deleting the #Requires line
entirely and instead added "Input theorems-starred.inc". It seems to work
fine, even if *none* of the theorem related modules are loaded, as long as
you don't mind that you have named theorems and the basic unnumbered
theorem-like environments (whether you want them or not) but perhaps not
other theorem-like environments.

If we want it to work with the vanilla Theorems module and "Theorems (By
Type)", I think we need to add the Input line -- they don't (currently)
input theorems-starred.inc -- regardless of whether or not we use the
requirements line.

The one thing I'm not sure about is why theorems-std.module and
theorems-bytype.module exclude theorems-starred: is it just redundancy, or
are std and bytype somehow incompatible with theorems-starred.inc?

Paul