> I'm always looking for software that fits me better, giving me the
> output I'm looking for.
>
> I'm interested in knowing what users of LyX think of the idea of
> using it as a general word processor, instead of MS Word, Libre
> Office, Apple's Pages, etc.
>
> Pluses?  Minuses?

Since I've started using LyX, it has replaced all other "document
processing" applications for almost everything. And I've started using
LyX since LuaLaTeX resp. XeTeX support OTF fonts and Microtype.

Plus: Produces reading-friendly output. I had wondered for a *long*
time why no one would actually read my reports - until I figured out
that "typography" is not about esthetic "taste", but reading ergonomics.

Minus: Since I have only some "standard" document types that I've set
up some time ago the way I need them and that I don't touch after I've
set them up, I forget how to adapt them when I need to change something.

The only case where I still prefer to use LO over LyX is generation of
documents from databases.

Sincerely,

Wolfgang