-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Re: Question: Using LyX as your daily word processor
Date:   Wed, 21 Aug 2013 12:22:19 -0400
From:   David L. Johnson <david.john...@lehigh.edu>
To:     Wolfgang Keller <felip...@gmx.net>

On 08/21/2013 11:45 AM, Wolfgang Keller wrote:

 And I say this as a LyX-only writer for the past 15 years or so.
 The first public LyX version was when? Can't have been much longer
 than 10 years ago.
I just checked, and found a copy of an old webpage I used to maintain
for it.  (I also used to provide binaries that had Motif statically
linked for those who did not have Motif -- LyX/LyriX was linux/unix only
at one time, and used Motif widgets).  It was originally called "LyriX",
but Matthais got a letter from a lawyer about that, so he changed the name.

The date I have on that old webpage is February, 1999.  But, looking at
that file, by that time things were pretty far along.  Several
developers were working on it, and it was far more advanced than the
first versions.  So, the original versions must have been in the
mid-'90s, believe it or not.

And I have been using it for all of my writing since the first versions.

--

David L. Johnson

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by
little statesmen and philosophers and divines."
                --Ralph Waldo Emerson

--

David L. Johnson
Department of Mathematics