 From: Ken Springer <snowsh...@q.com>
To: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
Sent: Saturday, August 31, 2013 11:10:54 PM
Subject: Question #3:   LyX and LaTeX and TeX

First, another thanks for all the replies to my thread about using LyX
as a word processor.

In reading some of those replies, I'm left wondering a bit about LyX and
LaTeX and their relationship.  As well as TeX, for that matter.

When I was really into learning a bit about desktop publishing, I bought
a copy of Donald Knuth's books, The TeXbook and The METAfontbook, but
never read them.

If I'm going to try out LyX in the end, would it be of any value to me
to do a little experimenting with LaTeX and Tex first, or just jump in
the pool?    LOL

--
Ken

Mac OS X 10.8.4