>> Anyway does changing the line
>> read < "${LYXPIPE}".out || exit
>> into
>> read TMP < "${LYXPIPE}".out || exit
>>
>> work for you?
>> Pavel
>
> Yes this works. Thanks.

Ok, I committed this to 2.1 docs.

> But is there any difference with regards to simply comment it?

I didn't write this script but seems to be the way to keep pipe
clean in case other clients are using it for their own work.

> To answer your previous question:
>
> yes, there is a reason for I want to use named pipe. The reason is that I
> often edit tex files via vim and so my Xresource for xdvi.editor is setted
> to vim: using pipe I thought I could be able to use reverse search
> regardless of the way xdvi is invoked and indeed that seems the case to me,
> by the tests I did.
>
> Finally, I will collect all the necessary commands which work in my case
> for inverse/direct search, for reference just in case somebody else will
> need them since they are a little bit different from the ones listed in the
> documentation:

If you can comment what and why was changed I can include it into docs as well.

> xdvi:
>       inverse search:
>               Tools->Preferences->File Handling->File formats
>                xdvi -editor "lyxeditor.sh %f %l"
>       direct search:
>               Tools->Preferences->Output->General
>                xdvi -nofork -sourceposition "$$n $$t" $$o -editor
> "lyxeditor.sh %f %l"

"-nofork" part is needed because of the pipe?

> okular:
>       inverse search:
>               Tools->Preferences->File Handling->File formats
>                okular --unique

I'm not using okular, --unique should be default for inverse search purposes?

>       direct search:
>               Tools->Preferences->Output->General
>                okular --unique "$$o#src:$$n $$f"

Pavel