Am Tuesday, 17. September 2013, 08:34:38 schrieb Guenter Milde:
> On 2013-09-13, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
> > [-- Type: text/plain, Encoding: 7bit --]
> >
> > Sorry, this is a bit off topic,
> >
> > but does somebody know how to change
> > in koma (book)
> > the Figure in front of a figure caption from
> > Figure to FIGURE
> > (where the IGURE should be a bit smaller in respect to the F)
> > I guess it is something like
> > \addtokomafont{caption}{\small}
> > but I don't know the right word in the last {}
>
> \textsc (for small caps)?
>
> Günter

Thanks, Guenter, for the pointer. What I actually was looking for was a way
to change all the captions by inserting something in the preamble
\addtokomafont{caption}{\textsc}

gives me
! LaTeX Error: Missing \begin{document}.

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.94 t
      o change caption figure to FIGURE but does not work this way
You're in trouble here.  Try typing  <return>  to proceed.
If that doesn't work, type  X <return>  to quit.

I guess I should buy the new edition of the Koma book to learn more about
those details.

Wolfgang