On 19/09/2013 23:07, Andrew Parsloe wrote:

On Windows Vista, in the preamble of a document I worked on recently, I
have two lines that essentially are

\usepackage[style=numeric]{biblatex}
\addbibresource{D:/path/to/file.bib}

I think you are missing the \addbibresource.
No, the line is OK (in fact, as I wrote on Linux I have no problems).

Alternatively, I think you
can place your bibliography, file.bib, in your texmf tree and dispense
with the path in that case (but you still need the \addbibresource).
Yes, as I explained I did it but to no success.

Thank you,
gm

--
Guido Milanese
Professor of Classics, Docteur HC Paris ICP