On Sat, 05 Oct 2013 09:28:35 +0200
Jürgen Spitzmüller <sp...@lyx.org> wrote:

> Am Freitag 04 Oktober 2013, 15:27:54 schrieb stefano franchi:
> >  I would write:
> > resorts|seeERT{ beach resortsERT}
>
> I would even write:
> resorts<ERT>|see{</ERT>beach resorts<ERT>}</ERT>
>
> With some font encodings, the "|" will be output as \textbar outside
> ERT, and this will break the index.
>
> Jürgen

Oh, geez, this junk again!

Original Poster: Somewhere in 2006 or early 2007, a LyX version change
started tampering with the contents of ERT, and stuff was converted
between | and \textbar, etc, completely breaking sees and seealsos
that had worked perfectly up until that time.

See this thread:

http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users@lists.lyx.org/msg54381.html

My solution was, and remains to this day, to put all my sees and
seealsos into an include file called seealso.inc, and then put the
following in the layout file that comprised my document class:

\input{./seealso.inc}

Here's my seealso.inc for my book "The Key to Everyday Excellence", and
note that the last command wraps due to email:

\index{UTP|see{Universal Troubleshooting Process}}
\index{Jim Barber|see{Barber (Jim)}}
\index{Scan and Exploit!To teach calculus|see{Calculus}}
\index{Justice Coalition!Design discussions|seealso{Skill Transfer
Process->Targeted->Derivation of the Justice Coalition}}

If you want to be happy like I am, do what I do: Put all your sees and
seealsos in a separate text file: Never in the LyX file, as ERT or
anything else.

HTH,

SteveT

  • ... Frederick FN Noronha फ्रेड्रिक नोरोन्या *فريدريك نورونيا
    • ... Scott Kostyshak
      • ... stefano franchi
        • ... Frederick FN Noronha फ्रेड्रिक नोरोन्या *فريدريك نورونيا
          • ... Jürgen Spitzmüller
        • ... Jürgen Spitzmüller
          • ... Steve Litt
            • ... Jürgen Spitzmüller