I was experimenting importing a document from Apache OpenOffice 3.4.0 to LyX
and have run into a strange problem. LyX is interpreting an apostrophe as ERT
of {\textquotesingle}. That is the brackets are ERT. Thus didn't is now
didn{\textquotesingle}t.

I tried importing the file the file with LyX 2.1 and 2.0.6 in Ubuntu 13.04 with
the same results. After deleting the imported latex preamble the file compiles
nicely but I am at a loss on how to get rid of the ERTs, Search and replace
does not seem to work for me. The AOO file is in Canadian English if that
matters.

Another, rather complicated document, writen by someone else about a year ago
seems to be choking on something else, perhaps the tables but it is not
mangling the apostropes and will compile the first paragraph, no tables,
properly. Unfortunately I don't know what flavour of English was used to write
this documety

A zip file containing my two files is available at
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qp4vb97a8f291n9/footnote.problem.zip since
Yahoo is refusing to accept them. Thanks for any advice.