I only tried them out for very simple cases as well.
Begging the pardon of LyX's developers, you'll find this resource much more
developed in texmacs, if you're not aware of it:
http://www.texmacs.org/tmweb/home/welcome.en.html
There, you'll find interfaces for several different CAS, such as those you
mentioned.

--
Rudi Gaelzer
Institute of Physics