Thanks,

So the solution for Mac OS X Mavericks with Xcode 5 that doesn’t include RCS
anymore is to download the GNU-RCS from this site:

https://code.google.com/p/rudix-mountainlion/downloads/detail?name=rcs-5.9.0-0.pkg

and using Control-Click option, open and install the RCS.  Lyx version control
works back for me.

Best regards,
Alex