On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 16:31:07 +0000 (UTC)
Martin Hooper <marti...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> How do I change the spacing between paragraphs in Lyx...?
>
> I want the line spacing to be single as it is the default but to add
> more space between the last line of the previous paragraph and the
> first line of the next one.
>
> Cheers
> Martin

Ooh, ooh, ooh, I know that. Call on me!

This list has five million questions I can't answer, so it's great to
get one I can. Here's the answer:

Document->settings->Text_layout->Vertical_space->Bigskip.

You can use custom instead of Bigskip to set the exact value.

If you want to have both indentation and interparagraph spacing
(everyone I talk to says that's horrible and the mark of an amateur),
you can do it with LaTeX, but I leave that as your own exercise and
advise you not to do it.

SteveT