On Dec 4, 2013, at 9:03 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Dec 2013, Ignacio Martinez wrote:
>
>> This time I need to do a fancy cover page, like
>> http://curry.virginia.edu/uploads/resourceLibrary/17_Castleman_All_or_Nothing.pdf
>> Can somebody help me do this in LyX? I have the logo as a svg and png.
>
> Ignacio,
>
>  For something like this I would prepare it in LibreOffice Writer, export
> it as a .pdf, and pre-pend it to the LyX created .pdf using pdftk. Takes
> much less time.
>
> Rich

You can also include a cover page using LyX alone: put the cursor at the top of
your LyX text, and choose

Insert > File > External Material

In the "File" pane, select "PDFPages" from the popup menu, and browse to your
PDF cover page. That is all, provided the format of the cover page is a single
page and matches the page size of the document.