Hi Thomas,

I am not sure that I understand everything :-)  I am not a big VC user
myself, I am trying to get disciplined enough to be able to use it, but no
avail. But, I am more or less following the evolution of the softs, and
rather tempted to adopt git, now that Lyx can use it.
Unfortunately, I cannot directly answer your questions. But I have found
the following post by the editors of Coda, maybe their tricks could help
you if you end up by using SVN with Lyx:

http://www.visuallizard.com/blog/2013/10/23/xcode-5-coda-2-and-svn

I also send my answer to the list, probably someone else, more competent
than me could help you using the information you give below, in your
message.

Please keep us informed if you locate the source and the solution of your
problem.

Best regards,

Murat