Ingar,

I am making progress. Thank you very much. However, the files you sent will not create indexes on my slackware 7.0 system. I tried them in lyx 2.0.6 and, just in case, 2.0.0. I have used these lyx programs for years and they seem to work fine. If permitted, I will attach two files, one on which the indexes work (being my open>new>john.lyx) and yours (being created with open>new from template>pleading_paper2.lyx) saved as ingar.lyx, on which indexes don't work. Both use xindy. I have tried pleading_paper.lyx and get same result. I have tried various other things with your template, but cannot get indexes. Changed all kinds of things in documents>settings without success. Table of Contents works fine. There is nothing in the preamble to john.lyx and your template info is in the ingar.lyx preamble. I will send these if you request.

John
Ingar Pareliussen wrote:
I gather my request is a difficult one.  I have tried myself but don't
know latex well enough.  Perhaps will figure it out in a couple of
months, but would like the ability to do both indexes and pleading paper
in the same document now.
Not difficult, just a bit tedious. I have made a small effort to convert the
latex example, and then I cleaned it up to make it more like your pdf. I hope
this works for you :)

You have to change some bits in the LaTeX preamble to get the correct name and
phone numbers and stuff :)

Anyways if you have some question or some need for tweaks just ask. Remember
that you will need to have the LaTeX package quoting to make it work.

I never do these things for money, but if you want to do a donation to LyX I
know those are always welcome, but by no means necessary. In a couple of months
I am certain you can help answering questions on the list and that is what this
list is all about, helping each other.

ingar Pareliussen