That's perfect! I'll be using that from now on, and will put it in my amended Linguistics guide. Thank you so much!

--Jason

On 12/14/2013 11:16 AM, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
Jason F. Siegel wrote:
Thank you for this. This seems to italicize the second line of the
Glosse feature as well, which I had not intended. I was trying to get it
so that when I wanted to gloss two dialects, both would be in italics,
and all glosses would be in normal type. When I gloss just one dialect,
I'd like still like the gloss to be in normal font. Is there a way to do
that? Thanks to anyone who can help!
Try this in preamble:

\renewenvironment{lingglosss}[1]{%
\let\eachwordtwo=\it