Dear Stefano, unfortunately I still can't get lyx to
1) show Author-Year , instead the bibtexkey shown
2) no bibliography listed at the end of the text

I am pretty sure the problem happens during generation of the PDF file. The
reasons being, I could see all the reference in my Lyx document, I could
cite the selected reference. They are nicely shown in lyx file, and nicely
shown as Author-Year.  The only problem is when I click preview, the PDF
only shows the citation but only in bibtexkey and no bibliography printed.
Anything to do with the module? or Windows 8? or probably with Lyx 2.0.6?

--, what have I done wrong? still clueless ---

Regards,

Kamarul

On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 1:30 AM, Stefano Franchi <stef...@tamu.edu> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 10:49 AM, KIM Musak <kim2u4...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear Stefano and all,
>>
>> Coming back to setting Lyx to work with biblatex, I am not so sure how to
>> make it works in my Lyx. I have tried the steps listed at
>> http://wiki.lyx.org/BibTeX/Biblatex , which includes
>> 1) Put the file biblatex.module in the layouts folder
>>
> 2) Reconfigure Lyx - then restart
>>

>> 3) Setting the Preamble with
>> a) \usepackage[style=authoryear,natbib=true,backend=bibtex]{biblatex}
>>

> you should really use biber instead of bibtex with bibblatex. It is not
> mandatory but I strongly recommend it. Many biblatex features only wotk
> with biber. So replace your line with:
>
> \usepackage[style=authoryear,natbib=true,backend=biber]{biblatex}
>
> (actually biber is the default, so you clould eliminate the backend clause
> completely, but just for clarity)
>
>> b) \usepackage[style=numeric,backend=bibtex]{biblatex}
>>

> This is wrong. You should only load biblatex once, with the style you
> want. So either load it with style=authoryear, or with style=numeric, but
> do not load it twice
>
> Stefano, yes, I used only
 \usepackage[style=authoryear,natbib=true,backend=biber]{biblatex}

c) \addbibresource{<name of bib-file with .bib-extension>}

> You should have the complete path from root here, otherwise biblatex won't
> find you bib file. This is actually  lyx's problem, not biblatex's. The
> problem is that when you instruct lix to typeset your file into a a pdf,
> lyx first copies your lyx-converted tex  file to a temp directory, then it
> runs (pdf)latex and biber/bibtex on it. At that point, the relative path
> you had inserted in the preamble becomes meaningless since you are no
> longer in the original location.
> IN SHORT: always use absolute paths in your \addbibresource commands in
> the preamble.

Stefano, i did use the complete the path and also the file name only

>> 4) insert the BibTeX inset (Insert→List/TOC→BibTeX Bibliography... ) in a
>> LyX note or comment
>>
> good

I can confirmed that I did this

>> 5) enter \printbibliography in ERT
>>
> good

I can confirm that i did this

> 6) change from bibtex to biber, go to Tools→Settings→Output→LaTeX and
>> change the bibtex
>>
> good

I can confirm I did this

> 7) pass the option backend=biber