I just wrote the list about my troubles creating a table with the article
document class. I was creating a table inside a paragraph in the document
class. For some reason this isn't allowed.

What I'm trying to do is create a worksheet with a bunch of tables inside
of it. It's possible that I might use a 2 column format. I'm really having
trouble deciding which document class to start with and how to partition
it. I've been pouring through the various manuals, but feeling overwhelmed.

 Can anybody give some advice on a class to use to create my worksheet?