On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 9:23 AM, Anders Ekberg <a...@mac.com> wrote:
>>On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 4:08 AM, Anders Ekberg <a...@mac.com> wrote:
>>> Try paste the link in Firefox address field and download with Firefox.
>>> This works fine for me. (Could probably work also with other web
>>>browsers,
>>> but I havenĀ¹t tried that).
>>>
>>> All the best!
>>> Anders

>>Note that this is not a link to the file to download. This folder
>>gives the links to download. Can you see the links? Go there with your
>>browser. If you can see the links, does it work with wget (on Linux or
>>Mac)? e.g.
>>wget
>>ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/devel/lyx-2.1/lyx-2.1.0beta2/lyx-2.1.0beta2.tar.
>>gz
>>
>>Scott
>
> OK, maybe I was unclear: The upper link will give you a page where you
> will see all the downloadable files. Click on the LyX suitable for your
> needs and it should download (at least did for me).

Thanks Anders. Your report of strange behavior is still difficult for
others to try to reproduce. I'm not trying to be pedantic here, but
when you report something like this you want to give as much
information as possible. For example, "Click on the LyX suitable for
your need" is different for you (Windows?) than for me (Linux). So we
would be clicking on different links! To see if I can reproduce the
problem, we want to click on the same link, using the same OS (if
possible) using the same browser (if possible). Otherwise you will get
a lot of responses of "works for me" because we are using different
applications to do it. That will not help you. Well, actually it will
if you're able to change OS or change browsers, etc., but it won't
help us figure out if it's a problem on our side or your side.

Which link are you clicking on? With which browser? With which OS?
Have you tried using a different browser? If so, which one? Have you
tried using a different computer? Did it work there?

Thanks for the report. If users can't download the installation file
for LyX, that's definitely a problem and hopefully we can get to the
root cause of it.

Best,

Scott