On 25/01/2014 7:13 a.m., Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
Dear Lyx Users,

I have exported my lyx file as a lyx archive, which contains as a tar.gz
file the lyx file, the used bib file and the figures used. This is quite
handy, because only the used figures, bib are saved.

However, I have this problem:

The path to the figures should be ./Kalanchoe-closed.jpg

as an example and not e.g.:

\begin_inset Graphics

filename BluFloClockTar/AAAflowerclock20130909/Kalanchoe-closed.jpg

since I would like to move the lyx file to another folder or send it away.

There are many figures, therefore I would prefer NOT to select each
figure path anew.

What would you recommend?

Using the tex file and, in an editor, replace the path, to end up with
./figureFile? Or is there a way in Lyx? (Which would be handy)

Wolfgang

Hullo Wolfgang,

This is the kind of thing that can be done with the find-&-replace script of the pLyX scripting system (on the wiki under Examples/pLyX system) which allows you to work from within the LyX gui. In fact I was faced with a similar task a couple of weeks ago (and found a bug in the script which I've since corrected). The system takes a little setting up (two file formats and two converters to be defined, plus some files to be distributed around your personal LyX folders), and some practice to get a feel for how it works.

If you do go this way, then you would need to insert a .find-&-replace inset containing

-i -r

to specify a regular expression inset search, followed by two .argument insets, the first (the find regular expression) containing

filename .+/([\w\d\-]+)\.jpg

and the second (the replace expression) containing

filename ./\1.jpg

Then click the View other formats button and select pLyX.

This assumes that all your graphics are .jpg format, and that the names of your images (like 'Kalanchoe-closed') are made up only from letters, digits, hyphens and underscores.

Andrew

---
is active.