I am trying to use ejbib.bst that was provided to me by the Economic Journal.

I couldn't get it to work so I created a custom file using makebst, which I
called econjournal.bst. I ran the dbj file to create the .bst and copied the
.bst into  user/appdata/roaming/miktek/2.9/bibtex/bst/ in its own folder,
which is how all my other .bst files are.

I think LyX can access it okay, since econjounal now shows up in my list of
bib style options.

I have the settings set to natbib authoryear, and when I'm using plainnat
style, everything works. When I switch to econjournal style, I just get "?"
where the citations should be and no reference list. This is the same problem
I have when I try to use ejbib.bst (which is in a similar file location).

I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong with file locations or a master .mbs
file, or something, but I don't know what. Please help!