Le jeudi 27 mars 2014 à 08:48 +0100, Liviu Andronic a écrit :
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 8:28 AM, Daniel CLEMENT <dcleme...@laposte.net> wrote:
> > Le mercredi 26 mars 2014 à 15:00 -0700, James A.R. Koehler a écrit :
> >> I have installed Lyx (several times!) on two Mint16 machines; one a
> >> 32-bit version and the other 64-bit.  Mint is based on Ubuntu 13. In
> >> both cases, when installing either from a download from the Lyx site or
> >> via the .deb repository, it installs without any classes or layouts;
> >> i.e., it is not very useful.
> >
> > I have a brand new live USB (persistent) install of LM16, where LyX is
> > installed from Synaptic. I was able to observe but partly what you
> > describe.
> >
> > 1. There are indeed some classes missing, but on top of the list under
> > Document > Parameters there's a good 20+ choice of basic document
> > classes. Aren't the ones you miss in texlive-formats-extra or
> > texlive-publishers?
> >
> OK, this sounds more like LaTeX classes are missing (and NOT LyX
> layout files).

Certainly.

> Which means that re-installing LyX is of no
> consequence. You should perform a full installation of TeX Live. You
> may as well start by installing 'texlive-full', but beware that this
> is likely to be a monstrous download.

Ouch! texlive-full... I wouldn't try that on a live-USB _persistent_
setup: if the persistence file ever becomes full, it locks the whole
system and one can only restart from scratch (all settings lost...)

OTTH, on a regular install, why not? Yet, it would be better if LyX
marked as dependencies just the LaTeX packages needed for previewing the
manuals.

Yet, the "missing converter" issue below is odd: is that related to a
LaTeX package?

--
Daniel CLEMENT