----- Mensaje original -----
De: "Uwe Stöhr" <uwesto...@web.de>
Para: "José Alejandro Lugo García" <jal...@uci.cu>, lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
Enviados: Miércoles, 26 de Marzo 2014 20:27:47
Asunto: Re: Templates from LyX-207-Bundle-3 Windows Installer

Am 22.03.2014 02:16, schrieb José Alejandro Lugo García:

> I don’t have the possibility of a full internet connection, so with some
> help, I reached the LyX-207-Bundle-3 installer for Windows. Install perfect.

Hello José,

This installer version unfortunately came with a major bug that destroyed all
shortcuts. As a
Spanish user you are most probably affected. Please excuse for that mistake.

You have now 2 choices:
- either uninstall LyX 2.0.7 and reinstall it using this installer:
   ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/bin/2.0.7/LyX-2.0.7-Installer-4.exe
- or uninstall LyX 2.0. and install instead the brand new LyX 2.1 release
candidate:

ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/devel/lyx-2.1/lyx-2.1.0rc1/LyX-210RC1-Installer-1.exe

(When LyX 2.1.0 is released in about 2 weeks you can easily upgrade without the
need to reinstall
LyX. Just install LyX 2.1.0 over the existing LyX 2.1RC1.)

> All great until I try to open some templates from File/New from Template (see
> “ 0 showing_templates.png”). Sadly many templates from this collection shows
> “errors” with missing dependencies that needs to be downloaded from internet
> (see “1 Show_error.png”).

The reason is that LyX uses a lot of packages and the LaTeX engine for Windows
does not offer to
install all packages at once (that would be more than 2 GB). I therefore
recommend that you go to an
Internet café, download there the LyX installer, keep your Internet connection
open and install LyX
right in the Internet Café.
The installation might take a while (up to 15 minutes, depending on your PC and
the Internet speed)
so just drink a coffee in the café ;-).
Finally you have a full functional LyX and can go offline. Problems as you had
should then not occur.
Note that the installation of all the LaTeX packages is only necessary once. So
as log as you keep
the LateX engine "MiKTeX" on your PC everything should be fine after the first
installation.
Therefore assure that you keep MiKTeX when you uninstall LyX 2.0.7 (there is an
option in LyX's
uninstaller).

regards Uwe

--
Prof. MSc. José Alejandro Lugo García
Laboratorio de Investigaciones en Gestión de Proyectos.

I Conferencia Científica Internacional UCIENCIA 2014 en la UCI del 24 al 26 de
abril de 2014, La Habana, Cuba. Ver http://uciencia.uci.cu