Hi there!

Murat Yildizoglu wrote:
> Concerning this point, could we have a preference somewhere for ignoring
> them? I remarked in the previous beta (having tested yet the RC1)  that even
> if the PDF does compiles with these errors, Lyx does not show it. It would
> be nice to preview the PDF nevertheless.
> Concerning this point, could we have a preference somewhere for ignoring
> them?

I just turned in my final thesis, completely written in LyX. I've got
not much to complain - quite the opposite. LyX spared me a lot of
hassle. More robustness against errors would nonetheless further
enhance my enjoyment of LyX.
I second the notion of a "ignore errors and show pdf nonetheless".

Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:

> I am reluctant to do this. If bibtex reports an error, you should fix it. You
> could make the same argument wrt LaTeX error. In many cases, a PDF would be
> produced nonetheless, but a wrong one (the same applies to bibtex errors).

Yes, sometimes the PDF would be "the wrong one".
But imagine this case: My thesis had 4 chapters, and was made up from
6 documents (Master document+Appendix where 5. and 6.).
Out of some reasons, the 4th chapter wouldn't compile alone, but ended
with some or the other error message. If I tried to compile the master
document, everything looked fine.
Probably, with some work, I would've been able to repair the 4th
chapter, so it would've compile alone.

I didn't do that, because the time was pressing, but opened the master
every time I worked at the 4th chapter and compiled that.
It was a hassle.

Yes, it is better to repair bugs instead of glossing them over, but I
don't want to be forced to do that. Give the LyX-users the credit to
know when they have to repair things, and when it's okay to gloss over
them.
(In my case, the error came from some wrongly put labels/cross
references, I think. All I wanted to do was checking of my pictures
looked right. For that, "the wrong pdf" would've been completely
sufficient.)

Greetings!
Ph.