Am 26.03.2014 22:41, schrieb Vincent van Ravesteijn:

Public release of LyX version 2.1.0rc1

LyX 2.1.0rc1 is the culmination of three years of hard work.
This release is meant for testing before we actually release LyX 2.1.

Dear LyX testers,

please note that if you are on Windows _and_ have a beta version of LyX 2.1 installed, it is strongly recommended to first uninstall the beta version before installing LyX 2.1RC1.

The reason is that for beta releases we cannot guarantee that they are stable enough. If you would install a never LyX test version over a beta it might be that you will still see bugs that we already fixed in LyX.

regards
Uwe