It appears that pdfcrop comes with MikTeX:
C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex\bin\x64\pdfcrop.exe
(I am not entirely clear on whether there are any differences between
pdfcrop.pl and this pdfcrop.exe.)

However, in the command window:
> pdfcrop --version
pdfcrop: The Perl interpreter could not be found

in CygWin:
$ pdfcrop --version
pdfcrop 2012/11/02 v1.38
but
$ pdfcrop table.pdf table_cropped.pdf
led to an error.

So, after some experimentation, I found that

1) installing
Strawberry Perl (64-bit) 5.18.2.1-64bit
to C:\strawberry\ (default)
and
Ghostscript 9.14 to C:\Program Files\gs\gs9.14 (default)

and

2) adding paths to both in the windows path and the cygwin path, as
well as uninstalling the older version of perl that comes with cygwin
_and_ removing it from the cygwin path

gets it to work.

In CygWin (note you have to specify gscmd since the default is gs):
$ pdfcrop --gscmd gswin64c table.pdf table_cropped.pdf
PDFCROP 1.38, 2012/11/02 - Copyright (c) 2002-2012 by Heiko Oberdiek.
==> 1 page written on `table_cropped.pdf'.

and in the command window (note here you do _not_ need to specify gswin64c):
> pdfcrop table.pdf table_cropped_win.pdf
yielded the same outcome.