On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 10:53 PM, Scott Kostyshak <skost...@lyx.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 4:17 PM, Liviu Andronic <landronim...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> One idea would be to use a commandline utility that allows copying
>> image files to the clipboard, and create a new converter from
>> PDF(cropped) towards this utility. But so far I couldn't find anything
>> for Linux, let alone cross-platform. Otherwise, I'm wondering if we
>> have an LFUN that would provide this functionality. But I'm not sure
>> how exactly that could work.
>
> Good idea Liviu. I recommend CopyQ if you want to implement this. It
> works great on Linux, supposedly works on Windows, and support is
> experimental on OS X 10.9+. The author of CopyQ is extremely
> responsive to features and bug reports (he implemented a feature that
> I'm pretty sure only I use, just for me). This is one of the best
> clipboard managers out there (although note the focus is on features
> over lightweight) but it is not well known.
>
> To put an image on the clipboard, you can do e.g.
> copyq write image/svg - < image.svg

This looks very promising (although this is one seriously complicated
clipboard manager). But I'm a bit lost as to how it works. Copy/paste
text is a bit slow but works fine (v 2.0.1 on Xubuntu 12.04). But for
images or pdf, I need to proceed as follows:
copyq write image/png - < newfile2.png

then I need to open CopyQ, select the item labeled 0, then hit the
Move to Clipboard button. Now ctrl+v in LyX will paste the image (but
this doesn't seem to work in LibO, though).

This can't be that complicated. Am I doing something wrong?

Liviu

--
Do you know how to read?
http://www.alienetworks.com/srtest.cfm