Stephan Witt <st.witt <at> gmx.net> writes:

> What are you doing exactly? Can you provide an example, please?

I will start from scratch and try to simulate exactly what I did, except on
a blank document.

1. LyX: I open a new document. As is: No preamble, default user settings.

2 I open Adobe. I take a snapshot to clipboard.

3: LyX: I paste the clipboard into the document. At prompt, I save the photo
to folder. I save the file I created. I preview dvi into Skim. A beautiful
image appears in my output.

4. I right click image and choose edit externally.

5. My default image viewer, XnViewXP, opens. I crop offending matter, and
save, overwriting original file. I go to finder and see that original file
has changed. Ayuh.

6. LyX. Right click, reload. view dvi again in Skim. No go.

7. Close Skim, try again. no. Revert. No go.

8. close LyX. No temp files. reopen. Appears correct in LyX. run, open dvi
in skim. No go.

9. For run pdf via xetex. Opens in Adobe. GREAT, PERFECT. picture is cropped.

10. Check temp files.
0_Users_***_Documents_MyBook_Legendre_Transform_pasted1.png is my cropped
image. 0_Users_***_Documents_MyBook_Legendre_Transform_pasted1.eps is
uncropped. No match. I trash both these files. I return to step 6. Same
results. Files reappear, again incorrectly.

11. I change default dvi viewer to TeXShop. in LyX run/view DVI. No go. Not
skim specific.

11. LYX: I run/view using LyXHTML. Open in xhtml viewer. GREAT. PERFECT.

For S.B. :

12. I close LyX. I reopen. Add some text. Rerun via xetex to pdf to adobe.
Output not changed. Close file in Adoble. rerun, output changed. You are
right. Closing is necessary. However, still ineffective with dvi output.