On 05/07/2014 12:21 PM, Corrado Mencar wrote:
Dear Lyx users,
I recently passed to Debian (wheezy - testing) from a Ubuntu machine where I installed Lyx 2.1. To my great surprise, I found that the current Lyx version supported in Debian is v2.0.6 because the package seems no more maintained since last summer (see http://packages.qa.debian.org/l/lyx.html). Unfortunately, as you may know, Lyx 2.1 generates lyx files that are incompatible with Lyx 2.0.6. There is the export function but it is not convenient when you work collaboratively with peers that use Lyx 2.1 (that is my case).

If you wish, you can download the lyx2lyx conversion files from http://tinyurl.com/pjxcbfg and replace the ones you currently have installed. Then 2.0.6 can read 2.1 files. But there will be a back and forth conversion that may make this less than ideal

Apart from asking colleagues to downgrade to Lyx 2.0.x (with subsequent complaints) is there any workaround to install Lyx 2.1 in Debian?

Of course: Compile it yourself. This is not hard to do.

Richard