On May 15, 2014 at 03:40:54 AM, aparsloe (apars...@clear.net.nz) wrote:

On 15/05/2014 6:37 p.m., Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:

In case the files are really corrupted, that is, if the .lyx and/or the
.lyx.emergency file do not end with
\end_body
\end_document

you can check if you have a working backup in your backups directory
(see Tools > Preferences > Paths).

HTH
Jürgen

I checked my backups directory and just my luck, there is no directory listed
for backups.  I opened up the .lyx file and there is no \end_body or
\end_document anywhere in the file.  The document ends with “\begin_inset
Tabular”.  It actually looks like the entire document isn’t even there,
possibly ending at chapter 5 (of 8 total plus appendix).

I tried to add \end_body and \end_document to the end of the .lyx file but when
I open it up now I just get that the file ended unexpectedly, which means that
it is probably corrupted.

On May 15, 2014 at 24:29:12 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann (engelm...@uni-tuebingen.de)