Sent: Friday, June 06, 2014 at 4:25 PM
From: "Benedict Holland" <benedict.m.holl...@gmail.com>
To: "Steve Burnham" <dan...@gmail.com>
Cc: "Patrick Dupre" <pdu...@gmx.com>, lyx <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Subject: Re: error

EPS files are not natively supported. The pdf created is a wrapper for the EPS.
Do you have the

eps was originally the only supported graphic file format for latex, isn't it?
Which would it not supported any more. To my knowledge, the editors still like
the eps files!

\DeclareGraphicsExtensions{.pdf,.eps,png} %Allowed includegraphics

Declared in the preamble? There are huge reasons to not use .jpgs in text and
an EPS should work. I know that this might be a huge pain, but if it doesn't
work, can you load it into something and save it as a pdf? A pdf will work. I
have had great luck with svg files as well but yes, you might also have to spam
the dev list.

~Ben