Thank you so much, Stefano.
I'll try to make zipped files with text and images.

Cheers.

<http://www.flickr.com/photos/rgfarfan/>
El 08/06/14 17:31, stefano franchi escribió:

On Sun, Jun 8, 2014 at 4:29 AM, Rafa GF <rgfar...@gmail.com <mailto:rgfar...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Hi everyone,

    A couple of questions, please: Is necesary to save the both .png
    (or .jpg) file and lyx document? Is there any way to import
    definetly the image files to lyx document? If I erase the
    .png/.jpg file from the folder, I will not be able to open the
    full document.

Hi Rafa,

LyX (and LaTeX) cannot embed an image file in its document. It only inserts the reference to the file on disk. So, no, there is no way to import the image into the lyx file.

That being said, LyX can collect all the files it references (including images) into a single folder and zip it. The final result is perhaps not very different from what you're looking for: a single file (zipped) containing the text and all the images present in your document.
You can try out this method by going to File>>Export>>LyX Archive

Cheers,

Stefano

Stefano Franchi
Associate Research Professor
Department of Hispanic Studies         Ph:   +1 (979) 845-2125
Texas A&M University                          Fax:  +1 (979) 845-6421
College Station, Texas, USA

stef...@tamu.edu <mailto:stef...@tamu.edu>
http://stefano.cleinias.org