On Sun, Jun 8, 2014 at 4:30 PM, Richard Heck <rgh...@lyx.org> wrote:

>  On 06/08/2014 05:01 PM, stefano franchi wrote:
>

> On Sun, Jun 8, 2014 at 3:55 PM, Richard Heck <rgh...@lyx.org> wrote:
>
>>  On 06/08/2014 04:34 PM, stefano franchi wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone know LyX has function similar to the various insert-accent
>> functions, that would insert the Danish "slashed o"? I am trying to write
>> Kierkegaard's name without resorting to LaTeX codes. The function should
>> insert
>> U+00F8 ΓΈ latin small letter o with stroke
>>

>>  The easy way it to cut and paste it into the document. You can slso use
>> "unicode-insert 00F8" from the minibuffer.
>>

>  Thanks Richard, that's what I did, eventually (cutting and pasting). I
> was just hoping  there'd be a function I could bind to a shortcut, but
> apparently not.
>

> Yes, you can bind "unicode-insert 00F8".

Ah, of course, silly me. Thanks.

Now, suppose instead I want to add a LFUN to take care of inserting the
slashed o.
(I won't, just trying to understand a bit better how keyboard input is
managed in this case)
I would add the proper constant in FuncCode.h and its proper line and
documentation in LyXAction.cpp. But where does managing the insertion go? I
grepped  the accent-acute etcetera functions, but cannot find any place in
the codebase where the insertion actually take place.

S.

Stefano Franchi
Associate Research Professor
Department of Hispanic Studies         Ph:   +1 (979) 845-2125
Texas A&M University                          Fax:  +1 (979) 845-6421
College Station, Texas, USA

stef...@tamu.edu
http://stefano.cleinias.org