Paul A. Rubin <rubin <at> msu.edu> writes:

> I don't have ready access to a Windows partition with LyX 2.1 any more, so
> I'm winging this a bit. I noticed your path to lyx.exe contained "cygdrive":
>
> > $ /cygdrive/c/Program\ Files\ \(x86\)/LyX\ 2.1/bin/lyx.exe -x reconfigure
>
> By any chance does that mean you have LyX installed on a machine running
> Cygwin? Years ago I had problems with reconfiguring LyX because Cygwin had a
> (broken, as I recall) version of latex that appeared on the command path
> ahead of the MiKTeX version. If that's the case for you, moving MiKTeX's bin
> directory ahead of the Cygwin bin directory on the system command path might
> help. (I would put LyX's bin directory ahead of Cygwin's as well.)
>
> Paul

Hi Paul,

thanks for your help! Yes, there is cygwin install on the computer. I now
looked for the cygwin directory in system path variable, but there was only
the miktex path, so I'm not sure if that is the problem or if I looked at
the wrong variable. This is what's in the path variable:

C:\Windows\system32
C:\Windows
C:\Windows\System32\Wbem
C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\
C:\Program Files (x86)\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex\bin\
C:\Program Files\OpenAFS\Common
C:\Program Files\OpenAFS\Client\Program
C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenAFS\Common
C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenAFS\Client\Program
C:\Program Files (x86)\Heimdal\bin\
C:\Program Files\Heimdal\bin\

and these are the paths from LyX:

$LyXDir\bin;
$LyXDir\Python;
$LyXDir\Python\Lib;
$LyXDir\Perl\bin;
$LyXDir\imagemagick;
C:\Program Files (x86)\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex\tex\latex;
C:\Program Files (x86)\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex\bin;
C:\Program Files (x86)\Vim\vim74;
C:\Program Files (x86)\LyX 2.1\ghostscript\bin

Cheers,
Fabian