   \converter "ps" "png" "transmute -i $$i $$o" ""
   \converter "eps" "png" "transmute -i $$i $$o" ""
   \converter "pdf" "png" "transmute -i $$i $$o" ""
   \converter "eps" "pdf6" "transmute -i $$i $$o" ""

and now it uses transmute for the eps to pdf conversion (for pdflatex, etc.) and not epstopdf which depends on ghostscript. This has only been tested on the book I'm working on so I would appreciate testing/feedback by any other Mac users interested in going ghostscript free.

The LyX example is also provided in the transmute README,

   https://bitbucket.org/jdpalmer/transmute

James

On 2014-05-30 03:37:32 +0000, Jerry said:

James, I haven't tried this but it looks awesomely awesome. Would you mind making a note on the LyX wiki about it? And maybe an indication, if not already present, how to install without brew, e.g., put in /some/path for those who don't know this.

And maybe you can help my confusion. PDF is listed as source-file only but the note about -n pageno sort of indicates that pageno can be applied to rendered PDFs. I'm probably misreading something.

Jerry