On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 11:34 AM, Samuel Gamtessa wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have encountered a strange problem that I never did before.
>
> The graphic files in .eps and .emf files are not properly read anymore,
> showing a message "error connecting to a readable format"
>
> I have never encountered this previously except that on a mac, I needed a
> separate software called "eps to pdf." I am working on a pc currently
and I
> did not face this trouble previously.
>
> What might cause such a problem?

If you use LyX 2.1.0, then this is a known problem. Specifically, LyX is not
able anymore to show a preview for certain kind of EPS and other file
formats, including EMF. The fix for this issue will be included in
version 2.1.2,
unless there are explicit requests for including it in 2.1.1, I presume.
See http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9146

--
Enrico