On 6/23/2014 2:24 PM, ashutosh vishwa bandhu wrote:
I want to open a lyx file using lyx version 2.0.5 on Ubuntu 11.04. This file was created using lyx version 2.1.0-1 on Ubuntu 14.04. When I try to open the file I get and error message saying that the file is from a new version of Lyx and the lyx2lyx script failed to convert it.

Is it possible to open the file using the older version of lyx?
I just change the \lyxformat specifier using a text editor and it usually will work. just open your .lyx file and make the change to see if it will open.