> Dear Lyx users list
>
> I would like to use the mdframed package in Lyx, which offers nice boxes.
> In its simplest form, mdframed is just used with (see below for
> reproduciible latex code):
>
> \begin{mdframed}
>  A box
> \end{mdframed}
>
> Eventually with [frametitle=A title]
>
> I was trying to create a Lyx inset for this, made it somehow, but this is
> a very rough draft, and I would appreciate any help, in particular:
> -how to give the new inset a feeling of box?

Add

 Decoration classic

to the InsetLayout definition.

> -For the title of the box, the user needs to add herself: frametitle=A
> title Ideally, one would not need to do this... is this avoidable in Lyx
> (make him add automatically "frametitle="), or does one need to rewrite
> slightly the environment mdframed?

Currently keyval syntax is not natively supported. So users either need to
enter the keyval syntax completely, or you need to rewrite the mdframed
environment.

-More generally, I choose to use it as a custom inset, but could have done
> defining it as a new style.. is this choice sound?

Yes, looks completely sane.

Jürgen