I strongly encourage you to turn the SVG into a PS, EPS, or PDF file. I
think somewhere is the documentation is states that for SVG to correctly
work within the document is requires inkscape. Not at all a problem,
inkscape is one of the best vector editors out there but it is required as
Guenter stated.

~Ben