I really do not typically recommend that you learn Latex this but in this
specific situation, I have not found a great way to use Lyx. Tables in
Latex are trivial to set up. They are also fully customizable and once you
get use to them, they are really easy to write well. Tables is the single
thing I can only recommend that you just learn how to write in Latex. It
removes lots of problems.

~Ben