I am having some serious problem with a document that uses both xetex and
polyglossia. Compilation breaks with the following error (from the log):

! Undefined control sequence.

<argument> blx@lng@\bbl@main@language

The document compiled perfectly last year (It is a grant application, so I
can pinpoint exactly when I successfully compiled it last: 8/15/2013)
I was using TeXLive 2013 at the time, I am now on TL 2014.

A Google searche [1]  seems to indicate that this is sometimes due to a
recent problem in biblatex---when the polyglossia command
\selectdefaultlanguage is missing, biblatex fails silently and result in
the quoted message in the log.
However, this is not the case for my document: LyX correctly inserts a
\selectdefaultlanguage in the exported (Xe)LaTeX file. Yet the error
results.

I tried exporting to LaTeX and compiling from the command line and of
course I got the same error message.

 *However*:

if I hit 's' and force XeLaTeX to continue, everything goes fine, and the
resulting pdf is perfect.

Anyone has a clue of what may be wrong?

Stefano

[1] https://github.com/plk/biblatex/issues/260
Stefano Franchi
Associate Research Professor
Department of Hispanic Studies         Ph:   +1 (979) 845-2125
Texas A&M University                          Fax:  +1 (979) 845-6421
College Station, Texas, USA

stef...@tamu.edu
http://stefano.cleinias.org