On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 10:22 AM, Tao Cumplido <taocumpl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear community,
>
> when I hold the backspace key for a moment and release it, it keeps deleting
> characters for a short moment which I find very irritating. Is there a way
> to define the backspace so that it imediately stops deleting when it is not
> pressed anymore?

Hi Tao, yes I imagine that's annoying. The problem you are seeing is
called "lag". There is no preference that you can set for this because
LyX always tries its best to produce as little lag as possible. I
don't think anyone would prefer to have lag. The solution is to figure
out why LyX is running slow and thus giving you lag. A common reason
for lag is that you have the view source panel open. Is that the case?

Do you see the same behavior is you start a new document and you just
paste a paragraph in it? Does the backspace still do the same thing?

Also, it is useful when you send questions to always include you OS
and its version as well as the LyX version you are using.

Best,

Scott