I tend to agree... While I have nothing but respect for any enthusiast pursuing
a new project involving these machines, I'd rather see my M100 or 200 being
what it was meant to be: a computer. Connecting it to what is essentially a
modern and powerful computer seems like cheating in a way :)

Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 07:28:32 -0400
From: twospru...@gmail.com
To: m100@lists.bitchin100.com
Subject: Re: [M100] Can you Raspi with a bluetooth module board on a M100

There are lots of ways to connect an M100 to a linux device as a dumb terminal.
 None of them are particularly interesting to me.  I like the native
environment of the M100; I rarely enjoy using linux.  I like BASIC programming
too.  I can appreciate other approaches though; lots of challenges to solve.
The other thing that I find interesting is that there are so few solutions to a
complete computer that can operate on 50 mA.  M100 is one of them. Raspi is
not.  Palm Pilot was another.
My 2 cents anyhow.