It's funny from the menu he has HTERM installed but he didn't use it in the
demo. In addition to implementing hardware flow control it also maps to the
m100 character set including graphical characters. Also it filters out ANSI
color escapes. So it reduces a lot of the garbage you otherwise see on the
screen.

Here's screenshots of m100 "on the internet" and rendering things more
legibly

http://bitchin100.com/wiki/index.php?title=HTERM