Sean,

I've used a Raspberry Pi with my 102, 200, and Commodore 64/Turbo232
cartridge.  I just used a standard USB to serial adapter on the Pi, ran
Linux, configured my Pi using this:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=48683 (last post)
and was able to log in over all 3.  Works very well.

BTW, long-time Ars reader here.  Awesome series on Prenda Law.

Mitch