Hi Ron, you wrote on Friday, August 14, 2015 4:20 AM:
The system ROM of the Model 100 laptop has one error within its logarithm table. Rather than "some early model 100s" being afflicted, my understanding is that the erroneous logarithm table is present in the system ROM of all Model 100 laptops regardless of manufacturing date.

Apart from it being a trigonometric (not logarithmic) table in error, it might be that some "late model 100s" are unafflicted, given that it is known that Model 100s exist with a "cleaned up" character set based on the [early] Model 102/200, as noted by Jan Vanden Bossche. I am unaware if it has been confirmed/disproved whether such "late model" Model 100s universally have the ATN error.

A relevant posting regarding variant models is excerpted below:

From: Jan Vanden Bossche
Sent: Saturday, June 08, 2013 11:45 AM
To: 'Model 100 Discussion'
Subject: Re: [M100] M100 character set(s) ?

I have a Model 100 with the same character set as all my 102s and 200s. And it is produced in the US. I think it's improbable they split export and domestic production that strict.

It's far more than [the PI symbol].

The difference between the early and the later characters set - the later being implemeted in the 200 and the 102 too - goes beyond the PI symbol. The whole character set is 'cleaned up'. The best way to see it is by running my DIGICS.BA program on an early M100 and a later one, or a 102, and compare the output.

One thing, e.g., is that all accented characters are on the correct baseline in the second character set. They're all over the place in the first.

Actually, I once asked that all people ran the PI-program, send me the output for the calculation of PI, and the result for chr$(136). That way we could tell:
- if the calculating ROM error is associated with the early character set
- what the serial number was when it occurred.

DIGICS and PI are available in the Club100 Member Upload Library/Jan Vanden Bossche.