Hi Gary,

It'd be interesting to see more details about your adapter board. There are a
couple of boards available that replace the system ROM with a JEDEC standard
256 or 512K EPROM that lets you update Y2K etc. and also add an option ROM in
the upper half; they just plug into an M100 but if one is willing to replace
the option ROM socket I suppose they could also be used as yours is. Also, a
number of people did the multi-image ROM trick with systems like the NEC etc.
that already used a standard socket instead of the Molex.

AFAIK there are no known issues replacing the M100 ROM with the 102 version;
IIRC the 102 mainly corrects a minor error in the 100's trig constants,
replaces the vertical bar with a Pi symbol and fixes an issue with the year-end
date (although it's still not quite correct).

Yes, corrosion or broken diodes and traces are fairly common keyboard problems,
from corrosive liquids being spilled or something heavy being placed on it
which flexes it over the little central support peg; leaking NiCd backup
batteries can also cause problems.

If by chance you have another 5 1/4 DD floppy drive or a 3 1/2 drive with the
appropriate adapters then I'd try replacing it to see if the problem is in the
drive or elsewhere; barring that, it never hurts to clean the head and clean
and lube the support rails. A PC that can use a 5 1/4 DD drive would also be
handy to test the drive.

Regarding the Club100 store, it is really a much smaller enterprise than it was
when it was Rick's baby, although the web site doesn't really reflect that.
Ken, the current 'manager', checks in here regularly and will no doubt be glad
to help if he can; unfortunately he has had some personal distractions so
please be patient.

Good luck, and welcome!

mike