I replaced the internal NiCd in my 8201A that was DOA from eBay, but I have
been unable to elicit any sign of life from it. The NiCd was definitely
garbage, with almost no current output and a fair amount of green crud on
the positive side, and I believe my replacement was done well enough. I
checked that I had the polarity right and that I hadn't shorted any of the
nearby traces with my ham-fisted soldering.
Given that the new NiCd already had a strong voltage, I doubt it needs to
be charged, but I have it hooked up to the wall-wart just in case. Does
anyone have any suggestions?
-Jason